Six Day Review 2023 Dates
What Is Six-Day-Review?
Under the City of Boulder’s trash ordinance, “Six-Day-Review” is a program that requires all landlords who own rental property in the Hill and Goss Grove neighborhoods to sign up for this program with their trash hauler during student move-in and move-out which occurs in spring and late summer. Haulers who offer this service will drive to the signed-up property six days per week to look for and collect trash that has accumulated inside and outside the containers for the affected properties. If you have trash on the ground and you have a rental property that is not signed up for Six-Day-Review, you can be ticketed by the Boulder Police Department. Each violation of the City’s municipal code has a fine per occurrence of up to $1,000.00.
How Does Six-Day-Review Work?
• University Hill Arapahoe, Broadway, Baseline, and 9th St.
• Goss Grove Canyon, Folsom, Boulder Creek, and 15th St.
Spring session: May 6th – May 12th, 2023
Fall session: July 24 – August 19.
1. When you are signed up for Six-Day-Review, Western Disposal will drive by your property Monday-Saturday, excluding holidays for trash collection.
2. Trash containers that are full will be emptied that day (Monday-Friday). On Saturday, containers will be emptied if they are more than half full. If the container(s) is emptied on your regularly scheduled pickup day, there will be no additional charge for emptying the container(s) other than your normal service fee. If there is additional trash outside the container(s), it will be collected, and the account charged.
3. If we check your container(s) on a day other than your regular collection day and the full or half-full thresholds do not apply (and there is no trash on the ground), there will be no charge for the property review that day if your trash service is located in an alley.
4. The City ordinance requires recyclables collection twice per week during Six-Day-Review. Western will drive by your property on Tuesdays and Fridays, excluding holidays, for recyclables collection.
5. As per the ordinance, recycle containers that are more than half full will be emptied on Tuesdays and Fridays. All recyclable materials outside of the container(s) will be collected as well.
6. There will be a $60.00 fall recycle program fee to cover the recyclables collection requirement. There will be no other charges for recyclables collection on Tuesdays and Fridays.
7. If recycle container(s) are emptied on regularly scheduled pickup days other than Tuesdays and Fridays, there will be no charge for emptying the container(s) other than your normal service fee. If there are additional recyclables outside the container(s), it will be collected, and the account charged.
8. Single family rental homes which have automated curbside collection, versus alley service, are not currently required to have the additional Tuesday and Friday recyclables collections if their recyclables container is sufficient size to prevent its contents from overflowing.
9. If your property has curb collection service versus alley service, due to the significant additional cost we will incur to check curb locations for trash six days per week, there will be a Six-Day-Review fee of $30.00 for the spring and $50.00 for the fall programs. This is in addition to any charges you may have for trash collected at the curb.
10. If you wish to be notified of charges, please provide your email address and we will notify you when a Six-Day Review charge(s) is posted to your account.
11. Please remember, to sign up for Six-Day-Review service. Your property must have regularly scheduled trash service with Western Disposal. The regularly scheduled service must also be billed to you. You cannot sign up Six-Day-Review service for your tenants if the regularly scheduled service is in their name(s). They will need to sign up for Six-Day-Review service for themselves.